Printer Frame And Screw Hole Alignment Issues

Greetings Team DIY Electronics. I bought a Biqu during one of your Black Friday Cyber Monday Sales. There are a few different and pretty random issues with the build quality of my printer that has put me off from using it. Ive run a few test prints and it functions . But knowing there’re issues that need addressing spoils the experience as I know that it will never be capable of achieving its intended print quality. I have considered biting the bullet and just fixing it myself but that would take some serious hammering and possibly causing irreparable damage on something that should have been perfect to begin with. To mention a most of the issues: The Mounting holes for the gantry are visibly not centered , The Build Plate Stepper gear is shaped like a centrifugal nut and not perfectly round so whilst traveling backwards or forwards it is moves fast ,then slow and fast then slow repeatedly, The mounting Bracket that holds the extruder stepper motor and through which the Z-Screw is attached is visibly bent round rather that at a suitable 90degree shape. One can then imagine how challenging it is for the Z-Screw to function efficiently when its been bent sideways as it spins. I’m pretty sure the side mounting brackets for the gantry uprights do not position the Uprights suitably vertical either. I wouldn’t mind a replacement but the problems are soo varied /random that it makes me question the build quality of the entire brand. I have roughly 4.5years of printing experience under my belt with 13 printers currently in my care spanning 4 different brands and offer printing farm services.
What’s everyone else’s take on the BIQU B1 model printer model that’s hit the market?

1 Like

Hi HayTy

Thanks for your post.

We are sorry to hear about your Biqu 3D printer.

If you are looking for community feedback we do encourage you to take a look at our Discord group, there is a large community backing on this group with active members that will be able to assist you. Alternatively, feel free to contact our support@diyelectronics.co.za help desk.

Thank You
The DIY Team

1 Like

Hi HayTy

I’ve got a biqu b1 myself and i had a few issues too but easy fixes at least. I can strongly say that the b1 has incredible print quality and reliability. I’ve disassembled and reassembled it numerous times and ech time all it needed was a bed leveling and it was good to go. It’s gone through all the torturing that I’ve thrown at it and prints weird and exotic filaments with ease.

It’s unfortunate that you received a bad one but i hope this helps to make up your mind on getting a replacement b1.

1 Like

thanks for the awesome information.

Thanks Jordan_13. I have not printed enough the BIQU in its current condition to develop an opinion on the brands print quality. Its just that the more I use it the more I think the Z-screw will incur unnecessary wear. it’s a real pity. I’ve gotten feedback from the DIY team and will begin disassembly this next week to take pics and videos (for the defective Y-Axes Motor gear) of the issues for them to assess and offer further guidance on. I cannot imagine every printer having these same issues but for so many to be on one printer does raise QC questions for this new BIQU printer brand. I’m most familiar with the Creality brand but am not specifically brand loyal and best think of myself as a printing enthusiast, so I think I’d like still to have a BIQU in my small printing fleet. But it would need to be a little less defective out the box in order to gain as much trust as my other printers have.

thanks my issue has been fixed.