What 3D Printer Filament Do You Use?

Hey Makers!

I am interested in learning what the popular filaments are in the community. I know PLA, ABS, and PETG always come up in conversations about filament. However, in recent years there has been an increase in the different types of filament.

So, I decided to put together this poll so I could see what everyone is using these days. A complete list would be impossible as I would likely miss some very uncommon filament so if you answer with “Other” please leave a comment below.

Slightly different types of filament such as PLA+ and ABS+ fall under PLA and ABS respectively. You can choose up to 4 types of filament for members who don’t just print with one type.

Filament Types
  • PLA
  • ABS
  • PETG
  • TPU
  • Nylon
  • Carbon Fibre
  • POM
  • HIPS
  • PC
  • ASA
  • PVA
  • PP
  • Other

0 voters

Thanks for your input I look forward to seeing the results.

2 Likes

Recently started playing with SBS filament. Its interesting for sure.

1 Like

PLA for product development and iteration testing.

Used to do ABS for most mechanical prototypes. Still have a few rolls, but hate the stuff. Have transitioned to PETG now for all mechanical and structural parts. Only use ABS when I need super smooth vapour smoothed parts for silicon mould masters.

So I guess about 80-90% of my parts are PLA, the rest is split between ABS and PETG. Would like to try a few of the more exotic filaments, but can’t justify the cost, and don’t really need them either. Most of my printing is about creating prototypes as quickly and efficiently as possible. PLA does that for me.

Used to run PLA. Recently transitioned over to PLA+ in bulk 5KG rolls for convenience. I still have a good number of rolls of regular PLA left, but will stick to PLA+ for everything else from now on.