What was your first 3D Printer?

We all started somewhere and got to where we are now. So I am curious about the printer that got you started in 3D Printing? Of course I can’t create a list of all the brands around as that would be crazy :laughing:

So I have gathered a bunch of brands and then thrown in the classic “Other” option in case your brand is not mentioned. If you chose other then please drop a comment with what brand and model you use.

Also do you still have your first printer or have you moved on to bigger and better things? :thinking:

My first printer was the FlashForge Adventurer 3 and I don’t have it anymore.
Check out the electronics poll created.

3D Printer Brand Poll
  • Creality
  • BIQU
  • Wanhao
  • Flashforge
  • Tevo
  • RepRap
  • Anycubic
  • Prusa (Including Clones)
  • MatterHackers
  • Other

0 voters

Poll will close on 1st July 2022 at midday.

(Mod edit 03/03/2022 - Added link to Electronics poll)

2 Likes

My first 3D Printer was the CREALITY CR-6 SE. I really learnt a lot with it, but I eventually moved onto ‘better’ I am currently enjoying the BIQU B1!

3 Likes

First printer was a Solidoodle which i am upgrading and fitting a Arduino board

3 Likes

My first Printer was an Ender 3 V2 and I still got it :smiley: Great printer. Now it’s upgraded with a Micro Swiss hotend too

2 Likes

That’s really cool. I have never heard of Solidoodle printers. Guess its off to Google I go to find out more.

1 Like

Its nice looking printer but that where it stops The inside parts are 3d printed and are of a very poor quality. I have make steel parts now And going to put in the arduino card. So interesting project ahead

2 Likes

That’s serious dedication to upgrading your printer. I can imagine taking a lower quality product and replacing poor plastic parts with custom steel parts is a fairly complex thing to do. We would love to see some photos of the project in the Projects section.

1 Like

My first printer was a Hurricane, circa 2016. I have run a lot of filament through it!

When I upgraded my Ender 3 Pro with a BigTreeTech E3 RRF V1.1 board, I “upgraded” the Hurricane with the original Creality board from the Ender 3. It was a bit of a pain to fit but it has given this old printer a new lease on life.

With its short Bowden tube it is my printer of choice for TPU.

1 Like

Another interesting 3D Printer I havent heard of. It is also interesting that you upgraded it with a Creality board. I never really thought about upgrades in that sense. To me Creality boards go with Creality printers :joy:. How complicated was it to get it working with the Hurricane?

1 Like

My first 3D printer was a makerbot replicator 2. Got to print with it a few times until my father’s company started using it and broke it many years ago XD

1 Like